7.27.2010

a fit woman that doesn't have double Ds, an inch size waist, and toothpicks for legs! ok. i kind of really like this. i'm not saying my butt is huge. actually i wish it was bigger. but this just makes me feel better about not having a victoria's secret barbie like body. i would be a liar if i said i was 100% satisfied with my body. i think any woman would be lying if she said that. but i'm trying. sometimes it sure is hard when i'm home all day watching america's next top model and underwear commercials. i see the impact media has on the image of my female students at school. most of them act, dress, and wear make up and hair like they're twenty years old. seventh graders are pulling out mirrors in the halls and constantly applying lipgloss. if there's one thing i hope to accomplish with my future daughters it is to instill in them a healthy self-image and a high self-esteem. my mom was so good at that. she always built me up and of course still does. "Of all the creations of the Almighty, there is none more beautiful, none more inspiring than a lovely daughter of God who walks in virtue with an understanding of why she should do so, who honors and respects her body as a thing sacred and divine, who cultivates her mind and constantly enlarges the horizon of her understanding, who nurtures her spirit with everlasting truth." - President Gordon B. Hinckley

3 comments:

Anna Alyse said...

don't EVEN get me started on this subject. I'm in a constant fight and angry mood when it comes to the media. Long story short, I too appreciate THIS add.And I hate the rest of them killing the female spirit and objectifying us all. I am an advocate for this...

kambam said...

Good thing Tyler's hands and your butt are a match made in heaven!

Jodi said...

haha kami! one of tyler's finest quotes.