life has been really great this past little bit. tucker is nothing but fun, fun, fun. it's really exciting and a little strange to see him transitioning into a toddler. i just felt like he'd be a little baby forever! here's what's new with him:
* he's walking! he started walking around with assistance at 9 months, but just these past few weeks he can now walk all on his own. he doesn't really walk though - he runs! that means he also falls a lot too so i still hold his hand a lot.
* he's not really saying any words, still just babbling. but he understands a lot. he clearly understands words like books, ball, food, water, outside, etc.
* he's got 4 top teeth and 2 bottom.
* he's still nursing but not that much. i nurse him about 5 times a day but he only eats for 10 minutes at most. i always planned to wean him at one year, but now that we're here, i'm not ready. i think i'm going to mostly take his lead.
* his favorite foods are avocado toast, quesadillas, and veggie straws. he also likes oatmeal, pb&j, and toast with jam. he does not like chunks of fruit and veggies but he'll eat the fruit/veggie pouches.
* he sleeps from 8 p.m.-7 a.m. and takes 2 naps: usually from 10-12 and 3-4.
* in the morning we hang out with dad, eat breakfast, and go outside to walk around our complex. in the afternoon we eat lunch and go out to a park or lake. in the evening we hang out with dad, eat dinner, and go for a stroller walk. can i say how much i love living in florida? we go outside 3 times a day every day and can do that all year.
* tucker loves kicking balls, chasing mom and dad, walking through puddles and in sand, touching street signs, chasing kitties, and walking up and down stairs. he's pretty much happy as long as he can run around wherever he wants.
* tucker does not like getting his diaper changed, getting in his jammies at night, getting his shoes and socks on, when the kitties run away from him (he cries, poor kid), or when strangers get close to him.
i just can't believe my baby is a year old. this last year has been the most extreme year i've ever experienced, with higher highs and lower lows than i've ever felt. i absolutely love the bond i feel with tucker. there's this deep unbreakable love that exists that's so fulfilling. and i'm so thankful i can stay home and take care of him all day. having a baby is so exhausting in all ways, but it is getting easier and a lot more fun the older he gets. it's a lot less emotionally taxing now that i feel like we both have gotten the hang of things.
i'm also so thankful for tyler and all his hard work. he's wrapping up his 2nd year in med school now. he will have may and june off, but is taking his step 1 boards in june, so he will be and is busy studying for that. then he starts rotations. he got his first pick for his rotation location at a nice hospital nearby. that was a blessing, since some people get locations that are far away and they have to move. he's starting to think about what he wants to specialize in and has mentioned anesthesiology, e.r., and internal medicine, but he's still not sure.
i love my little family and i'm glad that that's my whole life now, taking care of these two beautiful, amazing boys.
12 months old!
opening presents from grandparents
first taste of cake. he loved it.