5.03.2010



Sprinting. Tonight when I went running I sprinted. When's the last time I did that? Never. Oh wait, in the MTC every Wednesday on ice cream night. Anyway, I had some much needed to release tension. Today was one of those never-ending stressful days. Stress after stress after stress. Tonight when I was sprinting/crying/wanting to scream my lungs out I remembered something I learned my freshman year of college. That year was a dramatically transforming year for me. I remember realizing that all negative feelings come from the adversary. I really really strongly dislike (hate) him. If I give in to the negative feelings, however, I'm letting him win. It's been really easy to feel crappy lately, but such is life. My goal now is to not give in to those negative feelings so that miserable creature can't find any joy in my pain.

4 comments:

J & J said...

i love you. sometimes crying and sprinting though does make it all feel better, even just for a second. can we talk soon please?

much love queer.

Jodi said...

"queer" is how sister is said in armenian :) just clarification for those who may be confused/worried

jamie lanae said...

sometimes those stress relief runs are just what the doctor ordered. it's good when you realize what's making life suck though...only about a month left though!

jamie lanae said...

haha, and, by realizing what's making life suck, i mean, getting perspective...which sounds a little more positive. haha