8.06.2013

I feel like things have finally calmed down a little in my life. Tucker's getting older and is much easier to manage. He hardly ever cries now and is a lot of fun! He's 3 months old and is taking this growing up thing serious. He now holds his head up without many wobbles, grabs objects and of course puts them right in his mouth, laughs, and rolls from front to back! It's so fun watching him grow and develop and especially fun the more he interacts.

Tyler had a busy mini-semester in July that's technically the beginning of his 2nd year of med school. He had a pathology and pharmacology class. He was gone a lot as it's a sped up semester and he had to spend a lot of time studying quickly. He passed though! Pharmacology is apparently one of the worst classes in med school so he's glad he passed and got it over with.

Tyler had a few days off until fall semester started and his sister Jamie came out to visit. It was a lot of fun hanging out with her and we're glad she got to spend time with Tucker.

 First swim! He wasn't too sure about it.
 Love his cute little body
Little stud hangin out at the beach

I feel like I'm getting a lot more used to being a mom. The days aren't so stressful for me now that we're getting into a routine and Tucker's more predictable. Right now he's feeding 6 times during the day and about 2 times at night. He takes 4 naps that are about 45 minutes each. He still only sleeps about 3-4 hour stretches at night but sometimes he'll surprise me with a 6 or 7 hour stretch. I think I'm more concerned with him getting enough food than with my sleep so I don't mind getting up.

It's such a different life being a mom than working. I don't miss teaching or the regular stress of any job, but caring for a baby is a lot more work than I thought it would be. I'm going all day and night, but somehow I have the energy to do it. And I love it. I feel so happy with my little family.

5 comments:

jamie lanae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jamie lanae said...

Jodi! It was so fun to come visit you both--and I am loving these pictures! :)

Heidi said...

Love your pictures and seeing the wonderful people/baby I love.

Heidi said...

I can't stop looking at how adorable Tucker is. What a darling baby!

Heidi said...

Why do I think the first comment was from Jeremy? hmmm.....