4.17.2012


i just finished this book. i started it on friday and that's quite an accomplishment for a non-reader like me. i'm so picky when it comes to books. if there's any lack of interest, i won't pick it up again. but i'm proud to say i've read four books this school-year: a stolen life, heaven is for real, and half the sky, all which i highly recommend.

i felt so close to nie; it was so relatable to me, her being only a little older than me and growing up in utah. even though the event in her life was so tragic i found the book to be quite romantic. it's real, inspiring, and hopeful. i was surprised by her assurance after one date that she'd marry her husband; i was fascinated with her love for her kids; i was torn by her test but uplifted by her courage. most of all, i was encouraged by elder holland's thought to her to "be proud of [her] scars...they are a witness of a miracle."

how many of us consider our personal scars miracles?

i can't believe all nie has been through. and she seems so happy. read her book!


3 comments:

Lizzy said...

oh, i guess i better read my copy. thanks for the book review!

Carly said...

I finished the book on Saturday! She is one of my top heros! I was laughing at one moment and crying the next while reading her book. She is truly amazing! And I agree about the scars... I might not have physical scars but the personal scars can be looked as miracles.

Carly said...

I finished the book on Saturday! She is one of my top heros! I was laughing at one moment and crying the next while reading her book. She is truly amazing! And I agree about the scars... I might not have physical scars but the personal scars can be looked as miracles.