5.10.2012

i have this foreign sensation that i don't want school to end. there are three weeks left and i feel like it's going too fast. this is my last year teaching, probably ever, and although i haven't loved my job every single day, it's been my home for the past three years. i've had really great students this year and oddly enough, i'll be a little sad to leave. and i think a lot of that has to do with the fact that i won't be back. 

and i probably won't dance again either. 

i guess it's good that i'm enjoying my time right now. usually i hate may because tyler's gone, i'm living with my parents, and counting down the days. and yes, tyler is gone again. (it's been 5 weeks.) but i'm not living with my parents and the countdown, well, it's not really happening.

right now i'm grateful for contentment.

for the first time in my whole teaching career, i lost my voice this week. teaching without a voice, well, doesn't work. please pray for me that it will soon return!



byu dancensemble 2008

3 comments:

Anna Harrison said...

Okay we NEED to plan our time to see each other NOW! call or text me! I will die if you leave before we hang out. DIE.

Heidi said...

Jodi,

I am so glad you are enjoying the last few weeks of school, even without a voice. That must make life interesting :) Now that is something my kids would have LOVED to have happen to me, and that includes my biggest kid too.

You are loved and beloved.

Erinn said...

I felt the same way leaving my job... Even though it was only a year it was something I had built, an accomplishment all my own and a really good opportunity. I was so ready to be done but was also so sad!! Luckily, I think there is much in store for us!