8.16.2010

well...it's that time again...seriously i wonder if my students think of me as this anal old woman pictured here. hopefully they do!

yesterday i made the eleven hour drive back from arizona to beautiful bountiful utah. the drive went quick because i had so much on my mind. i found myself talking OUT LOUD to myself several times, going over things i had to do and how i was planning to start the school year. i couldn't even sleep last night because my mind was reeling and reeling.

the first day of school is friday. already i see SUCH a difference from last year. for example, i put my room together today and it took me three hours, compared to the TEN hours it took last year. i have all my lessons ready for the entire year and of equal importance i have a strong and sturdy management plan that will begin on day one. those kids aren't getting away with anything this year! and trust me, they try to get away with everything and more. anyway, i'm excited for a new year. it's good to be productive again.

2 comments:

jamie lanae said...

Jodi,
I love this! I hope they picture you as the anal woman too. I feel like they'd be much more scared of you that way :) I hope your first few days have been great! I'm so excited for you to have all your lesson plans done--I bet life will be so much easier!

Nicole and Garrett said...

Good luck!!! I student teach in Winter semester and I'm already nervous!