8.12.2009


Today I've spent two hours so far on one lesson plan...

And I'm only half way through it...

I'm looking forward to teaching junior high, starting in one week! But WOW lesson planning takes sooooo long!!! Yesterday I was very impressed with myself with getting five lesson plans finished in only FIVE hours.

Teachers are largely under appreciated in my opinion. I got in a slightly heated debate a few months ago with some co-workers who were trying to tell me that education majors are just learning how to play with kids all day long. Hmmm...

I believe that good education can solve most all of the nation's problems. Of course, nothing replaces the family. But education is second in my book for creating good citizens.

3 comments:

J & J said...

i can't believe someone said that. i would've been pretty heated myself. good for you jodi.

SJ said...

Agree!! Love you.

Sj

Heidi said...

You Go Girl!!! Personally, I think most education woes come more from what is being taught than who is teaching it. Gpa learned things in 8th grade that my kids didn't get until college. Hmmmm.