8.23.2009



my hope of not having a child for years has been shattered...i just got 200 of them!!!

the first day of my teaching career was...surprisingly enjoyable.

7th grade is really awesome. there are kids that look like they're still in sixth grade and of course there are some girls that look older than i. there are kids that are scared out of their mind and almost in tears; there are some that are too cool for school and definitely too cool for you; there are some that have a question/comment for EVERYTHING; there are some that have better answers than i even thought of. but they're all really great.

my two favorite moments of the day were...in fourth period when my cute cute cute student in the front row sat there staring at me with the biggest puppy dog eyes, focused with the greatest intent, and nodding to everything i said. i just wanted to squeeze him; he was so cute! second was in seventh period when one of the boys raises his hand in the middle of my instruction and asks,
"are we allowed to have relationships at this school?"
uh...i don't even remember my response.

my favorite advice from this past week of training before school started was, "keep the kids moving. don't let them sit for more than fifteen minutes. it only takes fifteen minutes for all the blood in a thirteen year old boy's body to settle in the groan."

now that school's up and running i can once again focus my attention to my wedding, which, hmmm, is in TEN DAYS!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hilarious notes! What a fun day.