8.02.2009





I have the most adorable niece and nephew in the whole world!!! Really. Adorable. Really. My niece, Aubrie, was baptized today. She looked like an eight year-old going on twenty. What a heartbreaker! The program was beautiful. We started singing the opening song about rainbows, birds, and pretty things and I lost it. Whew. I was a mess for the rest of the program. I love my family so much and seeing this not-so-little-anymore girl grow up is just so tender. It's also been two years since I got home from serving my mission in Armenia. I haven't been to a baptism since. Wow. I forgot what the Spirit feels like when it resides at a baptism. There is nothing like seeing someone humble themself and take upon them the name of Christ. I came to take that for granted in Armenia. People were getting baptized all the time. But being home and attending the baptism of my very own precious niece was more wonderful than I can find words to describe.

Congratulations Aubrie!

No comments: