4.25.2010

Day One

Today is day one of 1.living at home again and 2.being away from Tyler. Only 40 more days until 1.I move away from home hopefully for good 2.I see Tyler! and 3.my first year of teaching is over. You could say I'm counting down, a little.

This weekend was really busy. Usually Tyler and I wake up around 10 a.m., make breakfast, lounge around, and study/lesson plan a bit. Yesterday we spent pretty much the entire day moving. I couldn't sleep after I initially woke up at 8 a.m. We were packing/cleaning/and moving until 6 p.m. It always takes longer than I think it will. For fun last night we went to La Caille! We got a hefty gift certificate when I bought my ring at Jared so we decided to take advantage of it. I got a forty-eight dollar plate of chicken and Tyler got a sixty-three dollar plate of the best rib-eye steak I've ever tasted. Yum!

Tyler left at 7 a.m. this morning, beginning his twelve hour drive to Tucson. I went inside after seeing him off and surprised myself as a few tears rolled down my face. The tears continued during sacrament meeting later. I cried a lot. I haven't been to church without Tyler for the past seven months and it just wasn't the same. I didn't think I'd be so emotional. I guess when you're with someone you love so much everyday for seven months (almost eight) you get a little attached. He is my best friend, the one person I always want to be around, and I am going to miss him. Whenever we are apart, like when we were engaged, we always joke that I miss him first but he misses me more. So he may not miss me now but he will!

On a positive note, I am loooooooooving the weather!!! Bring on the sunshine.

1 comment:

JWilcox said...

That's hard to be apart when you've been married a short time. But you'll do great! We'll miss you while you're gone. We should do something when you get back!