3.11.2010

A week ago I had an awesome time hanging out with mission friends. Ever since I got home these have been my favorite people to spend time with because we just seem to be on the same page.

Some of my favorite people in the world I met on my mission: Nuge, my trainer, the one who laughs about everything and stresses about nothing; Maggi, my third companion, the one who says things I want to say but don't have the guts to; Speez, my desired but never realized companion, the one who makes any old boring event a hysterical and fabulous time; Anna, my trainee, the one who never ceases to entertain; Leah, my granddaughter (Anna's trainee), the one who makes me laugh more than any other. And that's just a few of the many. Of course there are a few yeretsner (elders) that are fun people too. I even married one who is now my best best best friend. What would I do without Tyler? I don't really believe that everything happens for a reason but I'm thankful a lot of things happen, like me deciding to serve a mission. I had a serious boyfriend when I left. I never even thought of staying home, though, because I had received such a strong impression that God approved of my decision to go. Thank heavens I went because I met the best people in the world while there including the love of my heart.

Last summer a group of us went to Lake Powell. Best time of my life in the past couple years (besides my wedding day obviously!). Here's a video of some of the chaotic and ridiculous fun we had every day. Love you Leah and Anna!



4 comments:

Phillip and Maggi said...

O that just makes me smile a bit. Love you queer!

Ryan and Shaylee said...

Jodi! This is such a cute post and very tender! I'm glad you had a great mission experience, and have found a great guy! Enjoy living the good life!
-Shaylee

Anna Harrison said...

this video is so many different words like.... funny, ridiculous, savage, brilliant, endearing, and treacherous. who knew?

anyway- love you! i'm so glad i served too- if for no other reason then for the people i met. ;)

Leah said...

I love you too! And I had a blast seeing you the other day. And I'm going to punch you in the ovary for posting this video online. Boo. All I have to say is that the pictures and videos that have come from that trip are way too embarrassing.