3.08.2010

a dream is a wish your heart makes


lately i've been having weird dreams. when i say lately, i mean my whole life. i've always had the ability to remember about three or four dreams i have every night. trust me, it's not always an ability you'd like to have.


dreams are interesting because science has still not found a clear purpose for them. in armenia, people take dreams literally. they see joseph smith come to them and tell them the church is true and there's their answer. i believe god speaks to armenians through their dreams because they will accept it. i don't believe he will speak to me through my dreams because i don't ever take mine seriously. so for me, the purpose of dreams is just a good laugh here and there.

here are a few of my latest:

last night i had an actual conversation with tyler in my sleep while he was awake.
jodi: tyler, you did such a good job.
tyler: on what?
jodi: on the quiz we did in class!
tyler: (laughing at my ridiculousness)
jodi: (realizing she's dreaming and talking in her sleep) wait, what? oh, never mind.

i dream about school and my students a lot! i won't mention specifics but i can say it's mostly awkward for me the next day when i see them.

two nights ago i dreamed i was pregnant. what a nightmare! i remember sitting in a seat, feeling my belly seriously sagging to the ground. i got up, walked outside and plop, the baby fell out. i looked down and discovered i had just given birth to a pig. gross and weird. foreshadowing? i hope not.

if a dream is really a wish your heart makes, i pray most of my wishes never come true.

4 comments:

Anna Alyse said...

baby pig baby pig. you are having a baby pig

jamie lanae said...

hahahahahahahaha. This post just made my day. That is hilarious jodi.
Hilarious for anyone else, that is. Not for you--in that moment before you realize you're dreaming...
Don't worry. If you had a baby pig, I'd totally still let it(?) play with my kids. . . . outside that is :)
hahaha.

Heidi said...

Oh Jodi,

When I was pregnant with Tyler, I dreamed I gave birth to a little black dog. I woke up crying and Jim tried really hard to comfort me while trying not to laugh uncontrollably. He failed that sensitivity test!

ali tizkar said...

I think every dream has its own meaning.we couldnt realize most of them and then just pass but its my belief that the dream sometimes can be an inspiration from above and it is some foresight.but I think in your case Jodi,its just a phobia from future from what you dont have any clue so dont be afraid just trust the god and follow the life its the best lead for us.