8.15.2012

this last little while has been hard. we're finally in more of a "house" rather than an apartment and i've been anticipating making it a home. since we'll be here for four years i came out here with all sorts of ideas of what to do with it and how i can actually make it ours. well it's been more work than i thought. i don't think i thought it out actually. painting is not fun. painting furniture, yes, is ok. but rooms, no. every wall in our house has now been painted except the small bedroom. whew.

on top of all the house work, i can't find a job. i've applied to about 40 jobs and haven't heard a single thing back. i thought teaching for 3 years would have qualified me to do something, even secretary work, but apparently not.

i also just found out that i have an eye condition that doesn't allow me to be in the sun very much. me, no sun?? just when i move to florida! there are other things going on too that just aren't working out. the repeated disappointments and struggles have really been pressing down on me.

but i am getting through it and every day is a little better. a lot of prayer and blessing-counting is helping.

we've met a lot of the lds students that go to nova and most are from utah and really fun. they all have 2+ kids though. our ward is really interesting. i'd say it's about 60% haitian and the rest is latin american or white. some of the accents are so thick i can't understand them. they have baptisms every week but a lot of inactivity.

tyler's in his 3rd week of med school now and he's liking it. he's gone all day, except for an hour when he comes home to eat dinner. he's working hard and i'm proud of him.



dania beach, 15 mins from our house
 

5 comments:

Phillip and Maggi said...

I miss your face! And I'm sorry things are hard. Sometimes life is like that, it just sucks. But from my experience it will get better. Just think you could be in the Char :) I love you Jodi and really if you ever need someone to complain/talk to please call anytime!

jamie lanae said...

Keep on keepin on! That BLOWS about the eye condition. But exciting that you've gotten so much done with the house!

Anna Harrison said...

What eye condition?! That is crazy! And sorry things aren't happening yet for you. :( you can call me anytime!

Carly said...

so I wrote this big long comment and then my internet connection wigged out right as I was trying to publish it. So know that I am thinking of you and I am hoping for some blessings your way. One thing I did want to mention is that you are probably too qualified for the jobs you are applying at and maybe people don't want to pay you more $$$(cause our society likes cheap things).I know you will find a job, there is something good out there for you.

Lori said...

Hey, Jodi! hang in there. I met one of my best friends ever when Nate and I were kid-less, I was SEARCHING and WAITING for a job and we had just moved to PA. And she had 2 kids. Hope you are hanging in there. If you feel alone, remember you have a cousin who is at least in the same time zone!