8.17.2011

oh the dreaded middle of august...i knew this was coming all summer and yes, it's as crazy if not crazier than i thought it would be. who moves from texas into a brand new apartment and prepares to teach a new school year all in four days? me.

i'm really overwhelmed right now with everything i have to do in a limited time frame. the list is endless. but i'm actually more overwhelmed with all of the help that i've had. the only time i've cried in the past two days (yes the only time) was when i just couldn't believe how much help i was getting. it seems as though people are more than willing to help me this week. my mom, brother dave, brother jim, sister-in-law kristi, and their two kids helped me move in all day yesterday. and it was not easy, at all. there was a lot of sweating, exhaustion, and of course some cussing from my brothers. then my mom came to my apartment today for six hours and unpacked while i was at work. she's coming back tomorrow to finish.

there were more than enough complications as i went back to work today. my school laptop that i turned in at the end of the year was given to someone else and my keys that i also turned in were lost. yeah it was stressful. but what i was amazed at was all the help. office staff that didn't have to help me, did. and everything worked out.

and no one wants anything in return. there are angels around me.

2 comments:

Anna Alyse said...

amen. we had so many people help us too when we moved! it was amazing! I still feel like a putz because i need to make thank you cards or brownies or something. even though thats nothing compared to the help we got... anyway... can't wait to see you!!

Andrea said...

Glad you've had angels there for you. :) I've had some too. (And yes, thats been the only time I've cried as well!)
I dont know if I ever txt you or not, I cant remember! I just wanted to thank you again for being there for me for that flight... the check-in and security and boarding AND holding wiggly cry baby Tyce for a few minutes! :)
Thanks!!
Good luck with the new school year!