5.01.2011

sometimes gossip is a good thing?

This last week was pretty painful. But I feel like the worst is over. I usually miss Tyler right away and as time passes I forget about him. No! JK. But it gets almost easier for me. He is the opposite. So yeah, he doesn't miss me right now.

So why is gossip a good thing in junior high? Well because you can tell your first period students that your personal ipod and expensive dock that you use for dance every day was stolen from the auditorium and it will take about three hours for them to be returned to you.

I was pretty panicked when I opened my locked closet door in the auditorium and found my ipod and dock missing. I hardly made it through first period, crying in front of my students (embarrassing). So word got around fast and those that were responsible at least had enough guts to return my equipment by lunch time. I still don't know how they got in there or when and why they were in the auditorium but now I've learned my lesson to keep my stuff with me always. And I've learned that gossip can be a tool in a junior high.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Jodi,
Sometimes there is a bright light in middle school and I'm glad you got to see it on a very dark day. The kids must like you. The fact that they were returned it on the same day it went missing says a lot about you. You are making a difference.

Anna Alyse said...

you should start a rumor that you want school to end sooner. I don't know, maybe it could work.

Jodi said...

aahhh haha! love it.

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

Oh glad you got your iPod and dock back!! That probably was so stressful! I'm sure the kids look up to you!!! :)

Ashley Sloan