12.16.2009

A walk down mission lane...


who is that boy in the back?


water day


lake sevan


my trainer


baby


sisters' favorite food


making lavash (giant tortilla)


burrrrrrrrrr!!!


this girl reminded me of jack black. you know you see it.


hot armenian men. look out ernie - these unibrows are out of control


gathering potatoes


lice


baby #2


the hills are alive?


you can't see it, but i could definitely see my breath. every day. in this kitchen. for a month.


cackling grandma


one of the oddest families i've ever met. loved visiting them but it kind of felt like entering the twilight zone.


big big spider. big. big. big spider. those were everywhere in ararat. especially our bedroom.


mall



one of my favorite companions - native sister hakobyan

6 comments:

SJ said...

I love missions! I miss mine every day! I love you lots. I hope to see you soon!

Loves,

Sj

J & J said...

i'm with sarah, obviously. running through fields, visiting crazy people, being freezing.. i loved my mission.

kambam said...

You look GOOD with a badge on

Nicole and Garrett said...

These pictures make me slightly jealous, slightly glad that I didn't go on a mission...spiders and lice...you are so tough!!

Heidi said...

I loved your mission pics. On my mission, we had a spider named Ammon who lived downstairs. We never saw him upstairs where we slept. Every morning we woke to roach bodies strewn on the floor in the kitchen. For that reason, and bc killing him would have been like smooshing something the size of a mouse's body, we 'let' him live with us.
Boy, you can survive anything after living in those conditions. What a hard, great, amazing experience. You rock!

Phillip and Maggi said...

Are you kidding me!?!? I'm so disturbed and yet overjoyed to look at some of these pictures! I miss the mish and all those crazy Armenians. I sure don't miss the lice though... :)